Wuthering Heights Book Review

Micaela Mack Mr. Rease AP Literature and Composition April 3, 2020 Book Review The novel Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is a tragedy of gothic fiction When I started, reading this, I knew that it would be pretty dark. But I didn't expect it to be so twisted. The relationship between Heathcliff and Cathy is so beautiful yet volatile;it just about breaks your heart. This goes without a mention of others such as Hindley, Mr. Lockwood and Ellen. Only, surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot. There were a lot of scenes that were very dramatic and there were some characters that just plain confused and repulsed me. Only I loved them. I always wanted to find out what happened to them next. Heathcliff did drive my anger for a little while on how horrible he is to everyone around him, but that's what makes him so fascinating. These characters will probably never ever be found in real life, but that was what made the book so enjoyable. It wasn't exactly the romance I expected as described on the back of the book, but this is probably better than most romances that exist out there. Many may compare this novel to Twilight or Pride and prejudice. This varies between both by different elements of the story. This can be from the genre to certain themes and also by the plot. Overall, I highly recommend this book to female audiences and also to males who are intrigued by gothic influence. Be that as it may, wuthering heights is still a beautiful complex read for one of any interest. I feel that it can pull in any reader that is willing to read all sorts of books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the unknown

Same old same old